- Owner : Barou family
- Location : Charnas (Northern Rhône)
- AOC : Saint-Joseph / IGP : Collines Rhodaniennes
- Grapes variety : syrah, merlot, grenache
- Terroir : altered, light and stony granite soils.
- Work philosophy : organic
- One wine : Terra Nostra, AOC Saint-Joseph red
Domaine BAROU is a family farm located in the northern part of the Côtes du Rhône. As early as 1971, Alexis BAROU, then at the head of this small mixed-farming-breeding farm, took the risk of opting for a total conversion to organic farming. In 1997, Emmanuel, his son, took over the family torch and oriented the operation more towards arboriculture and especially viticulture. This specialization is reflected in the planting of new plots in AOC Saint-Joseph and Condrieu. The vineyard covers an area of approximately 15 hectares. It is characterized by weathered, light and stony granite soils. For almost 50 years, our operation has been conducted in organic farming. All our products are AB certified.