- Owner : Alex Burge
- Location : Siena
- AOC : Chianti, IGT Casa del Capo
- Grapes varieties: Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Canaiolo
- Terroir : schist limestone “galestro”, cooler clay soils and warmer sandy-pebbly ones.
- Work philosophy : organic viticulture
- One wine : Tenuta Cappellina, DOCG Chianti Classico , Red, 2014
The estate was purchased in 2012 and is in the southernmost limit of the Chianti Classico appellation: warm soils and climate that deliver intense and powerful wines. Tenuta Cappellina has a variety of soil types that allow them to make excellent wines in all climate conditions a vintage can offer. They practice the most natural form of agriculture, trying to make wine without toxic residues while trying to keep the quality as high as possible. The use of natural products like copper and sulphur is a must, and pesticides come into play only when exclusively necessary. On the warm slopes at the southern tip of the Chianti Classico region, Tenuta Cappellina’s commitment to low yield organic production creates complex and powerful wines with soft tannins and a perfect balance; this is the reason their wines have been described as “an iron fist in a velvet glove